Wednesday, March 18, 2009

AG09 - 613: Mobilizing Content to Cellphones & Smartphones

Presented by: Robert Gadd, President and Co-Founder of OnPoint Digital, Inc.

It was definitely a change of atmosphere as I walked into Robert Gadd's session because of the music he had playing; I know I've heard that song before, but for the life of me I just can't pinpoint the title or artist at this time. 'Anywho' I had a warm welcoming feeling as I grabbed the handouts and took a seat.

The session opened with the following question:
  • Has your organization deployed a mobile learning program to date?
Easy answer to that question = No! We have not yet deployed any mlearning or mobile training programs to date, but I can say that we are currently looking to begin down that route.

It was great to listen to Robert speak about what solutions his company, OnPoint Digital, had to offer for both eLearning and mLearning. In this session we discussed:
  • Traditional mLearning creation and deployment models, and their ease of usage
  • What platforms and content deployment model tools are available
  • How to secure content on mobile devices
  • Case studies of proven approaches and the results achieved for companies
Most of the presentation discussed the benefits of using OnPoint's CellCast solution and really turned out to be more of a technical conversation. Don't get me wrong it WAS very interesting to hear how the mobile content management system worked, but the more technical the conversation became the more I felt confused.

I feel as though I should go back and take a look at Robert's slides from the presentation again. Once I do, I will update this post with any newer understandings I may come across. You can find the presentation slides here.

No comments: